Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dress and Jewelry for Cruise

I've been trying to figure out what to wear for the formal nights on our cruise (there are two).  I found this pattern at Wal-Mart:



















I thought it was pretty, and WalMart also had this fabric:

Fabric for dress

It's a light knit, which means the dress won't have to be pressed or anything!  I made the dress and it turned out very well. (Todd won't see it on my until we're on the cruise.)

Since the Red Poppy Festival a couple of weekends ago, I've been contemplating trying to make my own jewelry.  When I was at Hobby Lobby recently I found some glass beads that were on sale, and they matched the dress quite well, so of course I had to buy them.   I made a necklace, bracelet and earrings:
Jewelry

The necklace is made with memory wire, which is kind of hard to work with,  but I think it turned out pretty well.  The bad part is now it won't fit in my jewelry holder.  Maybe I'll have to make another one!!! lol

Todd's making our reservation for a hotel in Dallas the night before we leave for San Juan, so that will be done. Only 31 days!!!  :D

1 comment:

Megan said...

LOVE THAT FABRIC!!! I love blues and browns! The jewelry looks great too!